Bookmark This WebsiteReturn To Home PageContact Us
020 8466 7946
This website requires the free Flash plugin to be installed.


Information for Teachers

SUPPLY & DEMAND CONSULTANCY has a reputation for providing teachers of a consistently high standard which has ensured that we have become a valued feature of a large and growing number of schools in many London Boroughs. We are currently recruiting for a varied number of short and long term placements. We are looking for teachers who enjoy supply teaching and who are able to provide enjoyable and valuable learning experiences for the children in their charge. Whether you are seeking regular or occasional work.

At SUPPLY & DEMAND CONSULTANCY we pride ourselves in a matching service that is second to none. When sourcing school vacancies for you the teacher, we will go that extra mile to ensure that the schools we present to you for interview meet with the requirements you have set down at interview. We understand that although your qualifications and experience are very important to you and the school when considering a teaching vacancy, we also fully appreciate that it is our job to help you find the right team for you to work with. Accordingly, we consider the schools’ work ethos, character, approach to discipline, and relevant teacher development programmes, as required, as well as the results attained by the schools, prior to presenting their details for your perusal.

Teachers Applying for Full-time / Permanent Vacancies

Teachers seeking long-term or permanent placements through SUPPLY & DEMAND CONSULTANCY will benefit from our reputation for matching teachers and schools as closely as possible. This enables us to negotiate rates of pay that are often higher than expected for the placement concerned. With your preferred type institutions in mind, we will source the right post for you.

How Do I Register

When a teacher registers with Supply & Demand Consultancy our teacher clearance checks consists of thorough security checks before the applicant is cleared to teach in schools. At interview we require every teacher to provide the following:

  • CRB Disclosure
  • Photo identification
  • references
  • GTC verification
  • UptodateCV
  • Original documentation of teaching qualifications
  • A signed declaration of good health
  • National insurance number
  • Passport photos

If you would like to register please click here to send us your CV via an email

Teaching in the UK

Teachers from overseas make a valued contribution to our schools. Most schools welcome the fresh outlook overseas trained teachers bring to the teaching staff and the opportunity they provide for students to meet someone with different life experiences and skills.

Teachers from EEA

Teachers from the EU, the EEA and Switzerland are able to have their qualifications recognised by the UK on completion of an EC1 form. This form will then be assessed and if approved by the General Teaching Council (GTC) you will be awarded your Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)

To obtain an EC1 form please contact GTC

Teachers from other overseas countries

Teachers who are nationals of countries outside the EU and EEA must have their qualifications assessed before seeking a teaching post. To arrange a check on whether your home qualifications are equivalent please contact UK NARIC-tel.0870 990 4088 or email:

Overseas trained teachers from outside the EEA are able to teach in England for up to four years without the need to gain English Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). It is very important to be aware that you must obtain your QTS in order to continue teaching after four years. The Teacher Training Agency is the body responsible for programmes that enable overseas trained teachers to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) while working as a teacher. For further information please contact There are a set of regulations that relates to who can work in the United Kingdom. These regulations vary depending on nationality and family history. You should check your personal position with the British Embassy or High Commission in the country in which you live.

Should you require any further information on applying for a work permit, contact the Customer Relations Team on:

Customer Relations
Work Permits (UK)
Home Office
Level 5, Moorfoot

Phone: 0114 259 4074
Fax: 01142593776  


Supply & Demand Consultancy : First Floor A, 240 High Street, Bromley, BR1 1PQ | Tel. 020 8466 7946 | Fax 020 8466 7146 Web Site Design Company : eCommerce Software Shopping Cart Solutions